Apply Early starting Oct 1st! We begin reviewing applications mid-October and Interviews begin in December for the following academic year. Hint: Apply Early!
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions (before Oct 1st)
- Apply to University via CalState Apply (Oct 1 - May 2)
- Skip the optional Personal Statement
- For HSEC Imperial Valley (IV) program, you must specifically select "SDSU Imperial Valley"
- Send Transcripts to Graduate Admissions (Oct 1 - June 1)
- Official transcripts from all colleges you attended (How to send transcripts)
- GRE Scores
- The GRE exam requirement has been permanently eliminated from SDSU HSEC
- Upload Supplemental Material to Interfolio Apply (Oct 1 - June 1)
- e-Request Letters of Recommendation via Interfolio
- Two letters from academic references
- One letter from a professional reference
- Only electronic recommendations allowed (input emails)
- Upload Personal Statements to Interfolio
- Two-page double-spaced statement giving reasons for choosing Homeland Security as a degree objective
- Two-page double-spaced statement on applicant's qualifications and degree-relevant life experiences
- Upload Unofficial transcripts to Interfolio
- Upload current résumé or curriculum vitæ to Interfolio
- Wait for invitation to interview
- Once your invitation to interview is received, book an interview appointment.
- Interviews are usually scheduled December-June as applications are completed
- We receive a very large amount of COMPLETED applications in Oct-Dec, so apply early!
- More information available at Graduate Admissions